Скачати 7.5 Kb.
Each summer our school offers you two theoretical courses in art history, theology of the icon and sacred art (described below).
As to the practical icon-painting program, our school offers you two principal options:
For strongly motivated individuals, willing to invest serious amounts of time and effort in mastering the art of icon-painting at the professional level, we propose:
Intensive workshop in icon-painting (min. 6 hours/day for three weeks; taught in Ukrainian with the follow-up translation into English): this is a daily work-shop consisting of:
• a short (up to 20 min.) opening presentation on the relevant aspects of painting technique (based on the analysis of examples of ancient Ukrainian icons);
• followed by a practical painting session during which the learners work on making their own replicas of a chosen fragment of an ancient icon, trying to grasp as closely as possible the technique of the original. In this process they are individually directed and assisted by our team of experienced instructors.
Preliminary experience with icon-painting is NOT required and, as a matter of fact, it often constitutes a serious obstacle in learning the technique taught in the school. This course presupposes a long-term commitment on the part of the learner, patience and understanding that icon-painting is not an art to be learned easily and quickly. To achieve proficiency and professionalism in it one needs to devote to it proper time and a large amount of work. The emphasis is placed on achieving a certain level of proficiency in performing small technical assignments (painting an icon fragment or an element of its composition) rather than making a whole icon without penetrating into the essence of the original technique.
For those whose interest in iconography is more broadly cultural, and who have not yet decided on a long-term involvement with the art, we offer:
A series of introductory master classes for beginners (4 hrs/day for three weeks) – a series of daily meetings during which students will be initiated into the art of icon-painting through demonstration of the process of making the icon, observing the work of the advanced group of students, educational visits to museum exhibitions and churches, and beginning work on their own icon if they wish to do so. The purpose of the course is to give the students the feeling of what iconography is, how the process of making an icon looks “from the inside,” and to decide if they want to get more actively involved with this art.
An individual students’ placement in one of these two groups will be determined by your own choice of learning iconography at the given level and your readiness to cope with the requirements of the teaching process. Placement is flexible and open to change during the first week, if you wish to switch to the other group.
As for academic courses in the theology, theory and history of iconography and sacred art, the students of both groups can select one of the following, based on their own choice:
1. Eastern Christian Theology of the Icon: Introduction (30 hrs, 3 academic credits) – this course examines theology and history of pictorial art in the Eastern Church. Considerable emphasis is given to the Eastern Christian understanding of the role of the icon in liturgy and private prayer. A comparative study is made between the main trends of Eastern and Western religious pictorial art.
2. Selected topics in Eastern Christian and Ukrainian sacred art: Advanced seminar (30 hrs, 3 academic credits) – a seminar focused on special topics of Eastern Christian church art with special attention to its re-interpretation in the Ukrainian tradition.
For all the courses taken with us you can receive academic credits recognized by most Western universities.
|As to the practical icon-painting program, our school offers you two principal options: Option 1||Icon Painting Summer School Ukrainian Catholic University, Lviv, Ukraine, 2013 Syllabus of the icon-painting classes|
|Icon Painting Summer School Ukrainian Catholic University, LVIV, Ukraine, 2012||Icon Painting Summer School Ukrainian Catholic University, LVIV, Ukraine, 2012|
move to 969-89804
|Icon-Painting in Western Ukraine and Belarus’ in the xvth and xvith c||Gw pre-College Program Audience: High School Students (Grades 9 -11) Dates: Credit: July 7-August 16 (6 credits)|
|Recommended Textbooks: Principal books||Документи|
1. /Case history - example.doc
|Навчання в американських університетах від одного до двох років на здобуття ступеня магістра. У конкурсі можуть брати участь студенти старших курсів, випускники внз|
Обуття магістерського ступеня (master's program); навчання за суміжною спеціальністю; річне/півторарічне навчання без отримання диплому...
|Программа лицензирования по подписке Academic and School Agreement План презентации|
Новая программа академического лицензирования по подписке Microsoft Academic and School Agreement для учебных заведений