Dahl Research Center
holds the International scientific and practical conference “The XV International Dahl Readings”
November 20 – 22. 2013
Issues to be discussed
• The personality of V.I. Dahl, his Renaissance scale activities;
• V.I. Dahl − the engineer, the scientist, the educator;
• The scientific achievements of V.I. Dahl and modern philological research;
• V.I. Dahl and the Slavic world (esp. V.I. Dahl and Ukraine, V.I. Dahl and Russia);
• V.I. Dahl and his contemporaries: friendly and creative contacts;
• The artistic world of V.I. Dahl;
• V.I. Dahl in criticism and literary studies;
• V.I. Dahl as a folklorist and ethnographer;
• The publicism of V.I. Dahl: traditions and innovations;
• The language of V.I. Dahl’s fiction;
• The cultural aspects of Dahl’s artistic heritage and his Dictionary;
• The links between literary and linguistic work of V.I. Dahl;
• The linguistic works of V.I. Dahl: the entire history, analysis, and the development of traditions in present days;
• The contribution of V.I. Dahl to the development of the Slavic and world culture;
• The issues of pedagogy in Dahl’s heritage;
• V.I. Dahl in the cultural life of Russia and Ukraine (museums, monuments, anniversary celebrations, etc.);
• The image of V.I. Dahl in modern literature;
• The study of V.I. Dahl’s personality and his heritage in secondary and high educational establishments.
The conference proceedings will be published in the book of scientific studies. The omnibus will be published at the expense of the organizers (transmission is also for free). Currently, the organizing committee is seeking the possibilities of paying living, delivering and entertaining programme for the participants. The solution of this problem will be announced later. The editorial demands for materials.
To know all the matters related to the organising of the conference, please contact the organizing committee at the address: Dahl Research Center, Volodymyr Dahl East Ukrainian National University, 20-a Molodeghny square, Lugansk, 91034, Ukraine (contact phone number 050-800-23-96, e-mail: email@example.com).
Hope for fruitful cooperation!
The organizing committee of the conference.