Скачати 8.12 Kb.
World Champions at the University
In 2009 a record number of students for the last three years participated in sporting events – 2000 people. There are 18 participants in international and 47 in national contests. 730 students show good results in regional competitions. 560 ONU sportsmen took part in regional Olympics.
As a result, the teams became champions and received medals in 13 sports out of 27. The fruitful work of the sports department leads to brilliant results both in quantity and quality. More than 1300 students received qualifications for the last three years. Here are the students who became our University pride:
- Master of Sports, S. Techtilov (Ukrainian Champion ,the World Champion, the Runner-Up in European Championship)
- Master of Sports, P. Gortcuev (Economy and Law Department, the Runner-Up in European Karate Championship)
- Sub-Master Sportsman, I. Lyahu (Chemical Department, the Ukrainian Champion in Shooting 2009)
- Sub-Master Sportsman, E. Chistiakova ( Mathematics, Economy and Mechanics Institution, the Runner-Up in basketball championships, Member of Ukrainian Select Team)
- Master of Sports, E. Mashchenko (Mathematics, Economy and Mechanics Institution, Ukrainian Badminton Championship Runner-Up, International )
- Master of Sports, A. Farlandskaya ( Philological Department, Ukrainian Champion in Table Tennis, International Championships Runner-Up)
- Master of Sports, A. Larkina (Mathematics, Economy and Mechanics Institution, Ukrainian Championship Runner-Up, participant of international contests)
- Master of Sports, Y. Kurakina , Master of Sports, A. Kucherenko, Master of Sports, K. Muchnik (Social Science School, UNO Rhythmic Gymnastics International Student Games Runners-Up )
- Sub-Master Sportsmen, A. Volkov, P. Artemchuk, A. Vasilenchuk ( Economy and Law Department, International Box Contests Runners-Up). This year two persons have got the title - International Master of Sports in Karate: Kristina Venik ( Economy and Law Department, 4th course) ad Alexei Kohanetz (Physical Education Department Teacher). This tandem won a great amount of Ukrainian and International Awards. Kristina is a Champion of Ukraine, European and World Championship Runner-Up. Alexei Kohanetz is a Champion of the World. The ONU rector V. Smyntyna will congratulate them at the traditional Christmas Meeting. There is one more World Champion at the University. E. Kozlov is the World Champion in Thai Box. ONU sport results prove that the University provides a comprehensive education. The meeting with ONU Rector, Academician V. Smyntyna was visited by Vice-Principle in Educational Work E. Streltzov and Sports Department Chairman O. Kazanova. All the participants wished each other Happy New Year and told about their plans for the future year.
The glory of student and teacher ONU teams has been beyond the scope for more than 50 years. It is also the achievement of the Cultural and Leisure Center work for I.I. Mechnikov ONU students. A famous Club of the cheerful and sharp-witted “ The ONU Gentlemen”, players of intellectual game “What? Where? When?” (among them B. Burda, V. Sannikov, A. Shatuh), a number of famous anchormen, musicians and dancers are the ONU and Cultural and Leisure Center graduates .
Today the ONU Cultural Center consists of 22 groups and three clubs. 312 talented persons participate in creative activities. 809 people – every 5th ONU student takes part in cultural events. In 2009 40 students took part in international events. And the same number of students became runners-up in different contests.
The University choreographic teams have won a number of contests this year. Folk dance collective “Autograph” became a prize winner of the “Student Autumn 2009” Festival. The Irish Dance Ensemble “Iridance” took part in European and World Championship in Duisburg (Germany). Two dance collectives: show-ballet “Sparkling” and brake dance ballet “Three XXX” renewed their work. The winner of different international and Ukrainian contests and the winner of a Ukrainian “So You Think You Can Dance” project, step dancer A. Ostanin became a front runner of the «Boston 2009» Contest.
Students’ Cultural Center musical achievements are also significant. Lead singer V. Malchuk took the first prize of “ Student Autumn 2009” Festival. And a famous Odessa group “The feathered snake” released their first album. Folk-music group “Folkland” became a prize-winner of Kharkov Festival “Klezmer Tek” and Odessa “Babel Klezmer Fest”. And the kids group of this collective was the 5th at the European Championship.
Intellectual clubs “What? Where? When?” and “Brain-Ring” continue their active work. Both these clubs head the list of the Championship “Odessa 2009”. Team “There is no truth in the legs” became the winner of Open ONU Championship, heads the list of “Student Autumn 2009” and entered the Primier League semi-final of the Cheerful and Sharp-witted Club.
Translated by Galyna Peha
The Odessa National I.I. Mechnikov University
|Press-release The VII international Scientific Conference «O. S. Puskin and the process of world literature»|
«O. S. Puskin and the process of world literature» on the 19th of October at 10: 00
|Press-release The Odessa National I. I. Mechnikov University: mobility of students, postgraduates and teachers in terms of the Bologna process|
|Press-release Delegation of the Odessa National I. I. Mechnikov University paid a visit to the sister city Qingdao, People's Republic of China||Press Release|
|Press Release||Press-release The Envirogrids project|
|Press-release Meeting with the first Secretary of Israel Embassy in Ukraine||Press-release The third international Ukrainian-Polish Weigl Conference|