Скачати 5.94 Kb.
The third international Ukrainian-Polish Weigl Conference
«Microbiology serves people»
The Odessa National I. I. Mechnikov University
September 14th-17th, 2009
The main aim of the conference is to develop further Ukrainian-Polish dialogue between scientists, to exchange experience and to strengthen ties between two nations.
The conference organizers in Ukraine are the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine; the Odessa National I. I. Mechnikov University; the Institute of Microbiology and Virology named after D.K. Zabolotny, NASU; the Ivan Franko National University of Lviv; the Institute of Cell Biology, NASU. Polish participating organizations included there were the Polish Academy of Science, the Committee on Microbiology, Polish Academy of Sciences; the Warsaw Agricultural University, the Committee for Veterinary Science; the Polish Society of Microbiologists; the Polish Society of Experimental and Clinical Immunology. More than 150 prominent scientists from Ukraine, Poland, Russia, Belgium, Georgia, China, Germany, USA, and Sweden took part in this conference. English was chosen as the official language of the conference.
Among those who were pleased to be invited to the conference were:
• The Polish ambassador in Ukraine, Mr. Jacek Kluczkowski;
• The Deputy Minister of Education and Science in Ukraine, professor Maxim Strikha;
• The Head of Odessa regional administration, Mykola Serdyuk
• The Head of Odessa regional Rada, Mykola Skorik;
• The Mayor of Odessa, Eduard Gurwits;
• The rector of the Odessa National I. I. Mechnikov University, academician Valentyn Smyntyna;
• The head of the office in the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, the director of the Institute of Biochemistry, NASU, professor and academician Sergey Komisarenko.
• The President of the Ukrainian Society of Microbiologists, academician-member of NASU, the director of the Institute of Microbiology and Virology named after D.K. Zabolotny, professor Valyntyn Podhorsky
Professor Carl Maramarosh (USA) and Vaclav Shibalsky (Poland) were the special guests of the conference.
Translated by Masha Davydenko
The Odessa National I.I. Mechnikov University
|Press-release The VII international Scientific Conference «O. S. Puskin and the process of world literature»|
«O. S. Puskin and the process of world literature» on the 19th of October at 10: 00
|Application for participation in the work of International scientific and research conference “Principal models of the Ukrainian participation in the cis integration process” § agenda of the conference|
|Press Release||Press Release|
|Press-release The Envirogrids project||Press-release World Champions at the University|
|Press-release Meeting with the first Secretary of Israel Embassy in Ukraine||Press-release The Italian Culture Institution Director is elected I. I. Mechnikov onu honorable Professor|