Скачати 137.57 Kb.
Зміст4. Culture can be systematized according to the state and political principle. Which one is referred to the principle mentioned
5. Culture is classified in relation to its scales. What is referred to the given classification?
7. The system of values in G. Skovoroda's creative heritage is found to be rather specific one. State the main idea of his philo
8. World culture includes all the cultures existing in the world. State one of the factors which influences its formation.
9. There are various definitions of the concept "culture". What does it mean in the literal sense of the word?
11. Three key ethnic uniting self-names are distinguished in the ethnic history of the Ukrainians. State one of them.
13. The ethnos formed is considered to be an integral organism, for its internal unity of great importance is
14. For the first time the ethnonym «Ukraine» was mentioned in 1187. State the period when it became dominant.
Culture of kiev rus
18. One of the genres of arts in Kiev Rus was icon painting. Specify its characteristic features.
19. Cyrillic script favoured the development of literacy in Rus. In what century was it introduced?
20. In the 9 century in Rus crafts were developing. State which one remained within the family in most cases.
23. Those were libraries that partly met people’s needs in books. Where was one of the biggest libraries founded?
25. Paganism played an important role in the formation of spiritual culture of East Slavs. Name its distinctive feature.
26. Christianity was penetrating gradually into all spheres of human life forcing out pagan beliefs. What happened to these beli
27. With Christianity introduced the first state schools in Rus were opened. Which prince is associated with this process?
28. Having been weakened by feudal disintegration Rus became the object of expansion for Mongol-Tatars. What were the most tragi
30. There were various genres in the literature of the 13 century. Which genre was the most important?
31. In the 13-14 centuries there were primary schools. What books were used in these schools?
33. With the Tatar-Mongolian yoke set in Kiev Rus the places of concentration of the cultural life were formed. What were they?
HISTORICAL WAYS OF FORMATION OF THE UKRAINIAN CULTURE. CONCEPT OF "CULTURE"
1. There is a great number of various concepts of culture, however the most recognized one is the following:
A. Set of material values created by man
B. Kind of scientific activity of a person
C. Set of material and spiritual values created by man
D. Kind of technical activity of a person
2. Culture is the subject of study of many sciences. One of which includes History of Culture. What is the object of its study?
A. Natural laws of cultural development
B. Practical and transforming activity of all the aspects of life of society since the ancient times
C. Natural laws of development of human society
D. Material values created by man
E. Spiritual values created by man
3. There are two forms of culture. They are material and spiritual. Which one belongs to spiritual culture?
A. Intellectual values
B. Aesthetic values
Е. World of things created by people that surrounds us
A. Culture of Ukraine
C. Peasant Culture
B. World Culture
D. Culture of the Ancient World
Е. Elite Culture
A. Culture of the Ancient World
B. Greek Culture
C. Mass Culture
D. World Culture
Е. Soviet Culture
6. From all the variety of social phenomena culture is distinguished by its great complicacy and diversity. What is the subject of its study?
A. Natural laws of cultural development
B. Practical and transforming activity in all the aspects of social life since the ancient times
C. Natural laws of progress of human society
D. Material values created by man
E. Spiritual values created by man
A. Ways of overcoming poverty by means of technical progress
B. Sense of human existence
C. Important role of technical progress
D. Increase in labour productivity
Е. Actuality of material well-being
A. Demographic situation
B. Ecological situation
C. Labour productivity
D. Historical way of the nation
Е. Material well-being
D. Elaboration, cultivation
10. There are two forms of culture. One of them is material one. State what belongs to this form of culture.
A. Science, education
B. Aesthetic values
C. Intellectual values
D. World of things created by people that surround us
Е. Religious beliefs
12. Ethnos is the human community historically formed on a certain territory. State its characteristic feature.
A. Stable peculiarities of language and culture
B. Absence of striving to form social and territorial organizations
C. Absence of stable features of mentality
D. Rejection of unity consciousness and difference from others
Е. Negation of ethnonym
A. Geographic location
B. Natural climatic conditions
C. Presence of legal institutions
Е. Level of economical development
А. The end of the 20th century
В. The beginning of the 20th century
С. 17th century
D. 19th century
Е. Second part of the 19th century
15. In the result of consolidation process the group of East Slavic tribes called "Rus" was formed. State the time of its final formation.
A. 2nd century
B. 3rd century
C. 1st century
D. 5th century
Е. 4th century
16. The development of Eastern Slavs resulted in decay of the primitive relations and growth of importance of small family of close relatives. State what was the economic basis of society at that time?
A. Prince's possession of land
B. Family possession of land of neighbour’s community
C. Feudalistic possession of land
D. Capitalistic possession of the means of production
17. In Rus long before Vladimir’s the Great religious reforms were carried out it was already known about Christianity. State when Christianity became Europe’s dominant religion.
A. 9th century
B. 10th century
C. 1st century
D. 5th century
Е. 11th century
A. Canonical painting with water colours on raw plaster
B. Canonical painting on wooden board with paints grinned on egg yolk
C. Painting with oil paints on dry plaster
D. Painting with water colours on dry plaster
Е. Drawing in style of Realism
A. 9-10th century
B. 9-11th century
C. 10- 11th century
D. 11 -12th century
Е. 11-14th century
D. Elaboration of skin, stone, wood
21 It was Christianity that met the most interests of the feudal class. Give the date of its introduction as state religion.
A. 899-900 years
Е. 798 – 899
22. In Rus Christianity played an important role in the spread of literacy with the alphabet ordered and "Gospel" translated into the Slavonic language. State the author of the translation.
B. Cyril and Methodius
D. Ivan Fedorov
E. Juriy Drogobych
A. Saint Sophia Cathedral
B. Kyiv - Pechersk Monastery (Kyiv Cave Monastery)
C. The Church of the Dime
D. The Dormition Cathedral
E. Kiev University
24. In the 11th century in Kiev Rus there appeared a number of original literary works, which favoured the development of a new independent literary genre. Name this genre.
A. Anthropocentrism of gods was strongly marked
B. Anthropocentrism of gods was slightly marked
C. A great number of gods, which personified people’s work and interests
D. Predominance of female deities
A. Pagan beliefs disappeared
B. Remained invariable
C. Integrated into Christianity
D. Remained socially passive
A. Vladimir the Great
B. Yaroslav the Wise
C. Vladimir Monomakh
D. Andriy Bogolyubskyi
E. Danylo Galitskyi
HISTORY OF DEVELOPMENT OF UKRAINIAN CULTURE IN the SECOND HALF OF the 13 -15th centuries
29. In the 13th century Kiev Rus being under the dominion of steppe hordes kept on having connections with other states. Which state did the archdiocese of Kiev Rus belong to?
A. The Crimean Khanate
C. Books of Needs
Е. Canonical collections of works
A. The Bible
C. Book of Hours and Psalmbook
D. Russian Truth
E. Christian Topography
32. The culture of Kiev Rus suffered a lot during the Tatar-Mongolian invasion. Which sphere of culture suffered most after the invasion?
Е. Book publishing
A. Prince's lands
B. Monasteries and churches
C. Village communities
D. Trade settlements
^ th century building of stone castles began with its architecture acquiring features of new style. Name this new style.
A. Russian style
B. Byzantium style
D. Gothic style
^ th century part of the Ukrainian territory belonged to Great Lithuanian Principality. How did it influence the cultural processes in Ukraine?
A. It changed the course of cultural processes
B. It did not influence much the development of the Ukrainian culture
C. It contributed to spreading of the Lithuanian language
D. It led to the change of religious beliefs
E. It contributed much to great progress in science
36. Despite the objective difficulties in the 13-15th centuries the tradition of book writing was kept. The most expensive books of that period were decorated with illustrations. What type of making illustrations was the most difficult one to perform?
C. Ornamental painting
A. Byzantium tendencies
B. Return to Kiev Rus tendencies
C. Tendency to constructivism
D. Formation of rationalism
E. Ukrainian baroque
D. Clay tables
40. In literature of the 13-15th centuries there appeared oratorical, everyday and pilgrim prose characterized by the certain tendencies. What were these tendencies? Name the most common one.
A. Particular attention to religious matters
B. Great interest in personal problems
C. Attention to religious and aesthetic matters and absence of interest in personal problems
D. Interest in the personal problems only
E. Attention to the religious, aesthetic and personal matters
^ th century was icon-painting. What was the most popular theme of this genre?
A. Historical plots
B. Everyday scenes
C. Protection and intercession
D. Military theme
42. In 1586 the first Brotherhood school was opened. Which city was it opened in?
43. The invention of printing press in the 15th century contributed much to the development of literature and book printing. Who was its inventor?
A. Y. Kotermak
B. I. Guttenberg
C. F. Skorina
D. Sh. Fiol
A. St. Sofia Cathedral
B. Kiev-Pechersk (Cave) Monastery
C. St. Andrew's Church
D. Assumption Cathedral
Е. Kiev-Mogila Academy
C. Мorality plays
Д. Dumas (Ballads)
46. In the 16-18th centuries monastery and church schools were opened. What was the main type of educational institutions at that time?
A. Primary school
B. Secondary school
C. Jesuit collegiums
D. Orthodox collegiums
A. Children of Polish feudal lords
B. Children of all the levels of society
C. Children of the Cossacks
D. Children of the Clergy
Е. Children of the Merchants
A. Peter Mogyla
B. Konstantin Ostrozhskyi
C. Ivan Mazepa
D. Andrey Kurbskyi
Е. Ivan Vyshnskyi
49. In the 18th century poetry was a new genre of literature. Name one of the most famous poets of that time?
A. T. Shevchenko
B. G. Skovoroda
C. V. Sosjura
D. A. Mitura
Е. K. Sakovich
50. The specific feature of the development of the Ukrainian culture was predetermined by the rapid progress in agriculture. Name this feature.
A. Unformed traditions
B. Development of scientific views
C. Backward material culture
D. Formation of spiritual values
B. Patriarchal relations
C. Family traditions
D. Unlimited power of elders
Е. Limited power of the monarch
A. State control
B. Protection and transfer of traditions
C. Protection of state borders
D. Observance of state laws
53. The interior of the Ukrainian dwelling included the elements, which were of one and the same type. State one of them that is considered to be the pagan centre of the house?
C. Plank beds
E. Wall cupboard
D. Wall cupboard
Е. Plank beds
55. The national clothes play an important role in the Ukrainian culture. What can prove this?
A. It influences the formation of scientific views
B. It defines fashion trends
C. It influences the development of painting
D. It appears to be the source of ethnic history of study
A. Absence of decoration
B. Absence of ornaments
C. Rejection of embroidery and ornaments
D. Absence of accessories
58. Over the years, national Ukrainian male clothes have been improving. Specify their characteristic feature.
E. Nutritional care
60. The spiritual culture of Ukrainians formed under the influence of a range of factors. State its main factor.
A. Peculiarities of the life style
B. Nutrition regimen
C. Religious beliefs
D. Natural geographic conditions
E. Development of self-governing systems
A. Adherence to pagan beliefs
B. Acceptance of Christian ideas only
C. Belonging to Greek and Catholic confession
D. Combination of Christian ideas with pagan beliefs
E. Adherence to atheistic world-view
A. Pancake week
B. Ivana-Kupala holiday
D. Holy Trinity
63. Wedding ritual consists of a set of ceremonies. What belongs to these ceremonies?
A. Making «Spas beard»
B. Making a reap wreath
E. «Getting engaged»
Revival of Ukrainian cultural in the 19th century
C. Temporary raising
E. Stable development
65. In the 19th century a new social layer that played an important role in the revival of the Ukrainian culture appeared. Who were the representatives of this layer?
B. Petty bourgeois
C. National ”intelligentsiya” (the intellectuals)
D. Merchant class
66. By the end of the 18th century the process of liquidation of the Ukrainian Statehood was completed. This led to the reduction of the Ukrainian language use. State the medium it preserved in.
A. Intelligentsia (the intellectuals)
B. Common people environment
E. Higher feudal layers
A. Church - parish schools
B. Secondary schools
E. Four-form colleges
A. The Hungarian language
B. The German language
C. The Polish language
D. The Romanian language
E. The Ukrainian language
69. The progress of natural sciences in Ukraine was closely related to Russian science and its scientists. Who was the founder of field surgery that lived and worked in Ukraine for a long period of time?
A. D. Zabolotnyj
B. M. Pirogov
C. I. Mechnikov
D. M. Gamaleya
E. V. Vysokovych
A. M. Grushevskyj
B. A. Pavlovskyj
C. M. Maksimovich
D. V. Antonovich
E. D. Javornitskyj
C. Doric style
D. Ionic style
72. The great Russian artist-realist devoted a lot of his works to the Ukrainian subject matter. One of his paintings is called «Zaporozhian Cossacks are writing a letter to the Turkish Sultan». What is the name of this painter?
A. I. Soshenko
B. M. Samokish
C. S. Vasilkovskyj
D. M. Pimonenko
E. I. Repin
A. S. Gulak-Artemovsky
B. N. Arkas
C. N. Lysenko
D. S. Ljudkevich
E. K. Stytsenko
74. In the 70s of the 19th century in the Ukrainian literature there appeared a talented poet and prose writer, dramatist, publicist and literary critic. State his name.
A. M. Kotsjubinskyj
B. I. Franko
C. P. Grabovskyj
D. I. Nechuj-Levitskyj
E. P. Mirnyj
75. The works of the outstanding poet, writer and painter played a key role in formation of the Ukrainian literary language. This man became the symbol of the Ukrainian culture. What is his name?
E. P. Mirnyj
A. D. Bantysh-Kamenskyj
B. N. Kostomarov
C. V. Antonovich
D. D. Javornitskyj
E. M. Grushevsky
A. P. Grabovskyj
B. P. Saksaganskyj
C. I. Karpenko-Karyj
D. N. Sadovskyj
E. M. Staritskij
78. In the 20th century culture of Ukraine faced a lot of difficult processes that influenced much its development. What was characteristic of the given process?
A. Non-acceptance of globalization processes
B. The course directed at independent existence of separate states
C. Strengthening of international collaboration
D. Low level of economic development
A. Decrease in the development of the spiritual culture
B. Decrease in number of the intellectuals
C. Decrease in the development of the material culture
D. Increase in the number of educational institutions of various types
80. From the beginning of the 20th century and up to 1917 Russia carried out the specific policy in terms of the Ukrainian culture. What was it characterized by?
C. Setting up schools with education in Ukrainian
D. Support of the Ukrainian intelligentsia (intellectuals)
Е. Assistance in publishing books in the Ukrainian language
A. Teaching at schools started being held in the Ukrainian language
B. It was only planned to carry out teaching at schools in Ukrainian
C. Schools with the Russian language of education were opened
D. Opening of the Ukrainian university in Kamyanets - Podilsk was planned
Е. Opening the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences
C. Rejection of Neorealism
D. Preservation of national and cultural traditions
Е. Negation of Futurism and Symbolism
A. S .Krushelnitska
B. A. Efymenko
C. O. Pchilka
D. M. Zankovetska
Е. O. Kobyljanska
84. One of the sciences developing in Ukraine at the beginning of the 20th century was history. State the name of the most outstanding historian of the given period.
A. V. Vinnichenko
B. V. Kljuchevsky
B. M. Grushevskyj
D. M. Dragomanov
Е. P. Chubinskyj
85. The beginning of the 20th century was characterized by the development of medicine, achievements in microbiology, general pathology, and treatment of infectious diseases. Name the scientist who worked in the above mentioned branches of medicine.
A. N. Sklifosovsky
B. V. Filatov
C. I. Pavlov
D. I. Mechnikov
Е. I. Setchenov
86. The intellectuals of the former tsar period did not meet the requirements of the Soviet power any more, which resulted in setting up the new government’s goal. What was it?
A. Re-education of the intellectuals of the former tsar period (the “old intelligentsia”)
B. Education and training of the intellectuals of worker and peasant origin (the “new intelligentsia”)
C. Expulsion of the intellectuals of the former tsar period beyond the U.S.S.R. borders
D. Carrying out the policy of the complete elimination of the intellectuals of the former tsar period (the “old intelligentsia”)
87. The formation of the U.S.S.R. influenced much the development of the Ukrainian culture with one of its spheres making good progress in the 20-30s. Name this sphere.
A. Institute of Law
B. Institute of Artificial Intellect
C. Medical institute
D. State university
89. In Ukraine in the 30s of the 20th century the development of applied and fundamental sciences was in progress. Ophthalmological school received recognition. State its founder.
A. V. Vernadskyi
B. V. Filatov
C. Е. Paton
D. I. Pavlov
E. А. Bogomolets
A. V. Pachovskyi
B. O. Dovzhenko
C. М. Rylskyi
D. I. Kocherga
E. P. Tychyna
A. Strengthening of atheistic propaganda
B. Oppression of ethnic minorities
C. Prohibition of setting up private educational establishments
D. Ban on the literary works written by emigrant writers
E. High interest in the past of the Ukrainian nation
A. Still life
D. Historical and revolutionary subject area
E. Monumental landscape
Theme No. 4. Culture of the Cossack Period
А. The Old Slavonic language
С. The Church Slavonic language
A. Man can have happiness due to freedom, self-cognition and creative work
В. State power is of divine origin
С. Democracy is necessary for progress in all the spheres of life
D. Life is the suffering and its purpose lies in suppressing all the human passions
Е. Salvation of man lies in his/her self-perfectioning.
96. In the 16th century polemic literature developed. Name the author who worked in the above mentioned genre of literature.
А. К. Sakovych
В. М. Smotrytskyi
С. К. Smolyatych
D. А. Мiture
97. In the 16-18th centuries the ideas of the Enlightenment spread all over Ukraine resulting in quite high percentage of educated people. What was this percentage?
А. First half of the 17th century
В. First half of the 18th century
С. 19th century
D. Second half of the 18th century
Е. Second half of the 17th century
Theme No. 2. Kiev Rus
99. Part of books of the 11-12th centuries has been kept to nowadays. State their number.
100. The board of the Elders was one of the legal institutions (power organs) of Kiev Rus. What function did it perform?
А. Carried out suppression control over foreign aggression
В. Dealt with collecting taxes
С. Governed the city and the village, coping with all its main issues
D. Performed functions of compulsion and suppression
Е. It was subordinate to the prince power
|Historical ways of formation of the ukrainian culture. Concept of "culture" There is a great number of various concepts of culture, however the most recognized one is the following|
move to 0-15635633
|Historical ways of formation of ukrainian culture concept “Ethnic Culture”|
|V. traditional culture of the ukrainian people the basic employment and material culture|
Таvriya, coast of the Black and Azov seas, building was conducted mainly under projects of landowners or administration and had the...
|II. culture of kiev rus culture development in Pre-Christian period|
|3. Ukrainian culture after mongol-tatar conquest (Second half of XII-XV cent.)||14. освiта I культура education and culture|
|Promotion Areas : Culture Media, Information, Trade||European Commission Directorate-General Education and Culture|
|Business and Culture: High Context vs Low-Contex Cultures||Business and Culture: High Context vs Low-Contex Cultures|