Скачати 20.19 Kb.
Guidelines for Authors
«Sustainable Development: Methodology, theory, practice»
Authors are invited to participate in the design of the International Textbook «Sustainable Development: Methodology, theory, practice». The textbook is being developed due to initiative of scientists from the Sumy State University and Belarus State Economic University as Ukraine-Belarus project, conducted under the auspices of the Funds for Fundamental Studies of Ukraine and Belarus. It is intended to systematize the contents as well as educational dimensions of the sustainable development.
Part I: Educational dimensions of sustainable development will be dedicated to the analysis of various educational aspects of sustainable development (SD) in terms of the following three levels:
Part ІІ: Theory of sustainable development will highlight basic principles, problems, and management principles of SD as well as its implementation.
Part ІІІ: Forms and methods of SD education will be dedicated to various forms of education, specifically systematization of different methods of knowledge accumulation, development of required skills as well as their testing. Examples of different forms of education including presentation materials, tests, questions, problems, problem games, assignments, and others will be provided. The goal of this part is also to present recommendations for the use of different forms of education as well as different technical means (including Internet, films, etc.).
Potential authors are welcome to send their proposals with regard to:
а) contents (programs or questions to various programs) of syllabuses of courses dedicated to the SD, indicating their level (pre-university, university, postgraduate) and field (engineering, economic etc.). It is necessary to indicate which questions are recommended as basic and which ones are recommended as additional.
b) examples of various forms of education (problems, assignments, problem games, etc.) for development of required skills and knowledge accumulation as well as knowledge testing and organization of classes. All these materials have to have some recommendations: please indicate conditions for the use of a proposed form, the best way of its implementation and how it can be used in other topics.
Individual work of University students, school children (listeners) will be given a special consideration in the textbook. Therefore, potential authors are invited to present their ideas regarding basic tools to help and encourage individual work of students. In particular, the following sections are being planned in the textbook: literature resources, Internet resources, questions for individual work outside classrooms (school children and listeners), topics for course papers, diplomas and essays.
The following aspects to be covered in the textbook are of special interest:
Part ІV is being designed as glossary: Explanatory dictionary of concepts of SD with translation of basic terms in English. Authors are welcome to submit articles for glossary as well.
Presentation of Materials
1. The language of the textbook is Russian. However, proposed materials for the textbook must be submitted either in Russian or in English.
2. All materials will be reviewed. The Editorial Board of the international Textbook is responsible for the editing of the materials on the basis of agreements with the authors.
May 30, 2008 – submission of applications for chapter(s) in the textbook;
May 31, 2008 – reviewers’ comments;
September 01, 2008 – preparation of the textbook for publication.
4. Honorarium for the authors is not planned under this project, but the authors will keep their copyrights.
5. Format of the materials – А4. Font: ‘Times’ – point 10, left margin – 25 mm, upper, lower, right margin – 20 mm.
6. All pictures (please make sure they are clear, black and white) must be organized in MSWord or other graphic software applications. Diagrams, figures (please make sure they are clear, black and white) must be organized in MSExcel or MSGraph; formulas – in Microsoft Equation. All tables, figures, and pictures should be referred to in the text as follows: ‘in Table 1’ or (see Table (Figure) 3).
7. Author(s) of the material should provide the following personal information: family name, given names, patronymic, degree, place of work, position, office address, phone, fax, e-mail.
8. Materials (one hard copy and one electronic copy on CD or diskette) should be sent directly to the Editorial Board by regular mail and via e-mail.
9. Each cited work should appear in the list of references. For example: ‘Cited material’ (Author, 2003) or the first word of the title and the year of publication. For example: ‘Cited material’ (First word of the title, 2003) in the case of citations, the corresponding page. Publications with two authors: (Author A and Author B, 2004); with three or more authors: (Author et al., 2004). The list of references should contain place of publication, publisher, year of publication, number of pages. If you refer to an article or a separate chapter in a journal or book, you should give the author’s name and the title of the article (part), as well as the title of the issue, name of its editor (if any), publisher and year of publication, page of the article (part).
10. Metric system of measures must be used in the presented materials. In the case of other metric measures, authors must provide metric measures in brackets.
Proposed Structure of the Textbook
Part I. Educational dimensions of sustainable development.
1.1. Pre-university education.
1.2. University education.
1.3. Post graduate education.
Part II. Theory of sustainable development.
Part III. Forms and methods of SD education.
3.1. Class work.
3.2. Individual work.
Part ІV. Glossary (explanatory dictionary with translation of the basic terms in English).
Sumy State University
Department of Economics, Room 301
2 R.-Korsakov St.
|Textbook «Sustainable Development: Methodology, theory, practice»||Contents Theory and Methodology of Teaching in High School|
|Contents Theory and Methodology of Teaching in High School||Application form ХІІІ international scientific conference «Ideas of Academician Vernadskyi, Problems of Research and Evaluation of Regional Sustainable Development»|
«Ideas of Academician Vernadskyi, Problems of Research and Evaluation of Regional Sustainable Development»
|The role of youth in sustainable development||Stability and changability in sustainable development|
|Consumer motivation in achieving sustainable development||Components of sustainable development of railway transport in ukraine|
|Ecosocialism as a direction of society’s sustainable development (marx’s ecology)||«Smart Idea as the basis of noosphere strategy for sustainable development»|